Wednesday, May 21, 2008

I smiled in my dream, I finally did.

I smiled in my dream on Sunday night. I know because I felt it; I felt it in my heart and my physical teeth were showing (I think). Well, the main point's that I finally started dreaming again.

At that moment, I felt silly. It wasn't a moment of epiphany or anything close, it was nothing more but a silly little dream. But it made me smile :) It isn't vivid any longer, but it was adequate, knowing that smiling has been a little more difficult of late.

Sometimes, we really do undermine what dreams do to and for us. I didn't realize until I started missing dreaming - My dreams. Because these dreams are my secrets, that bridge my thoughts with God's.

I was never a person who dreamed big dreams. I never had the ability to contain or withhold such greatness and boldness. Maybe that ability never came from us, as humans, but from God Himself.

Foresight was never in my view, neither was vision. Perhaps I never dared to imagine what life could be and how I could be living and reaping the best for my life and for the lives under my care.

God has been doing something, special, this week. It's hard to take it in without having excessive emotions spilling out of my being. That doesn't scare me one bit though. Because I love being human - Without being weak in the flesh, I wouldn't be learning about and growing in God the way I always have been.

Now that picture up there, the one you stared at when you came here, speaks louder than I could imagine. "Are you living your dream?"

The finals of American Idol aired, with two outstanding young men fighting for their dream. While watching them win America over, I saw them living, their dream.

When you know you're living a dream, your dream, you wouldn't even have your current circumstances in view anymore. Everything else just mysteriously disappears for those moments, allowing you to breathe it all in.

Dreams probably don't have ends. The boundaries aren't set to confine. Dreams allow you to be, you. They allow for desire, yearning and passion to come into place to drive and motivate you.

Chasing dreams and pursuing after what you solely desire, is a dream in itself. More importantly, what lies behind that dream, is what REALLY matters. So what lies behind your dream? Where do your dreams begin?

At this point, my circumstances are fading to grey. They're simply clearing away, and my focus has been completely diverted. (I panicked, because there is a test tomorrow, ha.ha.) But, there's simply no way to stop God either so..

Dream.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home